At Edsouth, we continue to develop technological enhancements for students, families, schools and our partners. We are committed to excellence in customer service, and your privacy is important to us. This policy is effective on May 1, 2007.
• This Privacy Statement applies to Edsouth family of websites and governs data collection and usage at all Edsouth sites and services. As part of our mission to expand access to higher education, Edsouth hosts innovative websites such as www.eCampusTours.com and www.Edsouth.org.
• This policy also covers affiliated parties of Edsouth which include eCampusTours, Educational Services of America, Inc. and Educational Funding of the South, aka, Edsouth.
Use of Personal Identifying Information
• Edsouth does not collect any nonpublic personal information from visitors to our sites unless you expressly provide it to us through one of our online services. Edsouth does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. If you choose to register on an Edsouth website in order to utilize an online service that requires you to log in, Edsouth will collect basic information such as name, email address and brief demographic information. If you choose to submit an online loan application, Edsouth will collect information such as your Social Security Number, and that of your endorser or co-borrower, if applicable, date of birth, driver's license number, phone number, and references required for the completion of a student loan application.
• We currently contract with several online partners to help manage and optimize our Internet business and communications. We use the services of a marketing company to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our site. To do this, we use Web beacons and cookies provided by our marketing company on this site. The type of information we collect includes, pages visited, product, school and lender codes, IP address, the type of browser you are using, the websites you visit immediately before and immediately after you visit our websites, and other anonymous data involving your use of our websites. By supplementing our records, this information helps us learn things like what pages are most attractive to our visitors, which of our products most interest our customers, and what kinds of offers our customers like to see. Although our marketing company logs the information coming from our site on our behalf, we control how that data may and may not be used.
• If you elect to use our referral service for informing a friend about one of our sites, Edsouth will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting them to view the article that you are sending them. Edsouth does not store this information, and it is for the sole purpose of sending the one-time e-mail.
• If you choose to check the box for the Newsletter on your registration form, you agree that eCampusTours, Educational Services of America, Inc. or Educational Funding of the South, aka, Edsouth may periodically send you an e-mail newsletter which includes educational or marketing information to the email address with which you registered. If you choose to check the Offers box on your registration form, you agree that eCampusTours, Educational Services of America, Inc. or Educational Funding of the South, aka, Edsouth may periodically send educational or marketing information to the email address with which you registered. You may unsubscribe to either service at any time in the newsletter or registration areas of the sites, and your information is not shared with any third parties.
• Certain processes, such as online loan applications, will require that you provide your social security number and date of birth if you choose to continue with the online process. Once this information is provided, it will be associated by Edsouth with the user account that is then logged on, and you will not need to provide it again. Thereafter, you will only need your username and password to access your account information or to complete forms in other processes. For your security, the social security number that you enter cannot be used with any other account.
• Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law where in we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our Web site.
Minimum Age Requirement
By law, Edsouth cannot collect any information from persons who are not yet 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, you can utilize the information provided in many areas of our site, but you are not authorized to create an account.
Updating Personal Information
You may update or modify basic personal information associated with your account. A link is available on the log-in page to enable you to update basic data regarding your account.
If you choose to register with the Edsouth Sites in order to utilize a service that requires you to log in, your user ID will be stored in a temporary "cookie" on your web browser. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server to help us identify you. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. The cookie that manages your login will be removed as soon as you close your browser. Other cookies that are used are for customization of content and contain no personally identifying information. Our cookies are not used to collect any nonpublic personal information.
Website Use Information
Web servers at Edsouth automatically recognize your domain name, but not your e-mail address. No nonpublic personal information is collected unless you choose to provide it to us through one of our online services. Our web server does collect information such as domain name, number of hits, pages visited and length of user session in order to compile website statistics that enable us to analyze how our websites are used. This information is then used to improve the usefulness of the sites.
Confidentiality and Security
• Sensitive information is encrypted with the latest cryptographic technology.
• For security in-house, security procedures are in place to prevent unauthorized access to any user information.
• There is a link available on the Edsouth log-in page to enable you to change your password at any time.
• If you forget your password, there is a link on the log-in page that will enable you to enter your username or e-mail address with which you originally registered. When you submit this information, if your information matches what Edsouth has recorded for you, your username and password will be emailed to you.
If you have any questions about this policy please contact:
178 North Seven Oaks Drive
Knoxville, TN 37922
Toll free: 1-855-EDLOAN1 (1-855-335-6261)
Local: (865) 824-3000
• If you are resident of California, "Your Privacy Rights" allow you to receive an Information-Sharing Disclosure. This disclosure provides a list of categories of personal information shared, during the immediately preceding calendar year, with other businesses for their direct marketing purposes, and the names and addresses of other businesses with whom such information was shared. You may request this disclosure by contacting us at the information provided above.
• We will respond to requests made to the designated contact point and provide the Information-Sharing Disclosure within 30 days of receipt of request.
• If your request is made to an address, other than the one provided in this policy, the Information-Sharing Disclosure will be responded to in a "reasonable time period," no later than 150 days from receipt of the request.
• For more information, visit the California Privacy homepage.